Lot Owners are able to appoint a trusted person as their representative at meetings, to vote in ballots or represent them on the OC Committee. The attached form must be completed in full and provided to the Owner's Corporation Secretary.
Please note the following important points about proxies:
- To authorise a proxy you must use the attached form and deliver it to the Owners Corporation Secretary.
- If appointing a Power of Attorney as a proxy you should attach a copy of the Power of Attorney.
- Proxies automatically lapse 12 months after the form is delivered to the Secretary, unless an earlier date is specified.
- Proxies must act honestly and in good faith and exercise due care and diligence.
- Proxies cannot transfer the proxy to another person.
- A Lot Owner can revoke the authorisation at any time and choose to vote on a certain issue or attend a meeting.
- It is illegal for someone to coerce a Lot Owner into appointing another person as a proxy.
- Owners Corporations must keep a copy of the proxy authorisation for 12 months.